Wednesday, December 16, 2009

3rd Trimester!

Wow - 28 weeks...the start of the third trimester and I am still amazed that I am pregnant. The actuality that these little girls are going to be a part of our lives very soon, has started to hit me and I am getting excited to see what they look like, what their personalities are like and how they add to our family. I am also a little sad. The third trimester is sort of a "land of the unknown". Basically, anything can happen at anytime. I'm not guaranteed 3 more months of pregnancy bliss and the fact that this blessed journey is nearing it's end, is a little sad.


Anywho, I still have not heard back about my glucose test. I'm assuming no news is good news because if there was a problem wouldn't they have gotten back to me right away? On the off chance that I slipped through the cracks, I will be calling my Dr.'s office tomorrow just to double check. My RH shot went about the same as last time. It didn't really hurt and I feel good knowing my babies are protected from any of those bad antibodies.


This week hasn't been too eventful. I do have to say that I woke up the other day and all that wonderful energy I have been having was gone. wooooosh. Just.like.that. It was like someone let some of the air out of my tires. I still feel really good, I just seem to be a little more tired than I have been lately. I'm keeping up on my lunchtime naps/rests which do seem to help, but I think these babies are doing a lot of growing in a limited amount of space.


I must mention that I have the most fabulous husband ever! It snowed earlier this week and when I went to take my son to the neighbor lady that lives 3 doors down (she watches him and does preschool), I discovered, in our winter wonderland, that a nice path had been plowed from our driveway to her front step. There was simply no snow...nothing to tromp through, or slip on. Bobby had left early and cleared the way for me. So sweet.


I decided it was finally time to get items for the babies' room. So I ordered the bedding and a second crib that isn't an exact match to the one we used for Connor but is pretty darn close. It feels like a big relief every time I get something like that done. I can't wait for everything to get here so we can put their room together. It will be so nice to have a little organization because right now it looks like a big pink clothing and what-not bomb went off in their room.


I'm still experiencing carpal tunnel - yuck. But the round ligament pain is now only bad at nighttime when I do my nightly dance of trying to roll from one side to another, get all situated with pillows, only to discover I have to get up and go to the bathroom. Oh, yeah. I don't think I've mentioned that yet. I have to go to the bathroom about a gazillion times a day/night. It seems like every time I move even a little, I have to use the bathroom. I've actually had to stop on my way to work (my commute is 40 minutes) because I simply couldn't wait. And the most annoying part is...when I finally do go, it's like nothing. I mean a teeny tiny bit. And I'm all, "that's it? are you kidding me". And I'll walk back to my desk only to discover that I kind of have to go again.


So let's talk about: The belly. This thing is starting to have a life of it's own. I can't seem to get the hang of it...and by that I mean, I seriously underestimate how big it is. I've knocked a glass off the table just by walking past. I am constantly opening doors into it. And God bless Connor, because I can't even count how many times I have turned around suddenly only to discover he was standing right next to me, but in my sudden turn, the belly knocked him down. We all have a good laugh about it, but I can't imagine the destruction it will cause as it gets bigger (LOL).


And while we're on a belly topic, I did want to mention that my saucer belly button...the one that in the beginning of my pregnancy I was concerned would always be this huge saucer looking thing under my shirt, is now taking on a different form. The saucer disappeared quite awhile ago, and now we are starting to enter turkey-timer territory. I didn't think it would happen to me, and I'm still not fully convinced that my belly button will "pop" out, but it is getting sneakingly close to happening. The edges have started to turn out, and I joke you not...if I laugh or cough, it pokes out and then goes right back. This thoroughly grosses Bobby out and fascinates Connor.


Ok I'll touch on just one more thing before I utterly bore you all to death. I am happy to report that my weight gain is still holding steady. I am not opposed to gaining the required weight, in fact I think of it as my way of helping these babies grow and be born healthy. I just wish that the majority of the weight I gain would not be in my face. I mean seriously, I have so many chins right now, I can't even count them. And my face always looks a little bloated - even my eyelids look kind of chunky. I was talking with a friend who is pregnant and she said she has gained all her weight in her hips and thighs, so maybe everyone's body just distributes it differently...but I can positively say that I will not be sad to see these chins go away. For now, I guess I have to accept them as a part of this pregnancy...maybe not happily accept them, but accept them none-the-less.


Sorry I don't have any ultrasound pictures to post. I just couldn't get a good scan of the one picture I got of Baby B. But to appease those of you who were counting on a little visual fun, I have included 2 pictures of my 28 week belly; and yes one of them is a bare belly shot, because I got a lot of emails about the one I posted before. You people really love to see how much I can stretch out don'tcha?

No comments: