Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving week

So, I'm trying to be all Zen and not stress about upcoming holidays. Thanksgiving should be easy because all I have to bring is asparagus and a very delicious "Death by Chocolate" trifle. I can make both of these in my sleep, so I'm not worried. I have tried to get all of my Christmas shopping out of the way and have informed everyone at work, that this time around I am doing this thing "stress free". The guys have been good about not having me lift heavy objects (I'm not sure if this is necessary, but c'mon...I don't have to lift heavy objects). And I have told my boss that I am planning to take a bunch of time off to just relax. Driving to Spokane at 4:30 in the morning really wore on me last time. So this time, I hope to take it easy - well, as easy as you can take it when you have a very active toddler at home.

What I am worried about however, is the fact that for some reason I keep forgetting to give my shots. Luckily I remember within moments of when it should be given. But it just seems weird to me, since the last time we did IVF I was waiting in anticipation for about 1/2 hour before every shot. This time I actually had to set an alarm on my cell phone to remind me.

Oh, and by the way...Lupron sucks. Not sure if it affects everyone this way, but I am really crabby (just ask Bobby). I start my other shots this Saturday. The Follistum I feel ok about. I had it last time and it didn't affect me at all. The Menopur...not so sure. I have to mix it - everytime, ugh!

Ok, that's all for today. I'll probably update once more this week, and definetly when I add my new shots.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Cameo said...

Hi Jen. I'm so glad you are blogging! I think you're right. It will be therapeutic, especially when you get a little support group of women cheering you all on. You know that all of your sisters from Idaho are cheering you on and praying for you. Best wishes for a relaxing Thanksgiving.
Love, Cameo

Nicole said...

I'm also glad you're blogging because I have to go through all this in just a few short months. I'm both excited and scared, but it will hopefully reading the blog will be theraputic for us both. :)

What I really want is the recipe for the death by chocolate trifle. It sounds FABULOUS!!

Big hugs and baby dust for you!