Friday, November 13, 2009

Is there such a thing as pregnancy rage?

Ok, maybe the title sounds bad...but I am sweet as pie until it comes to 2 things. First, driving. I have never been a road rage person. But I swear since becoming pregnant, either I get irritated at other drivers more easily or every other person on the road is a complete idiot. Secondly, football. I've always enjoyed football, but recently I feel as if the outcome of the game greatly affected my life in some meaningful way. Bobby has actually made me leave the room because I was yelling inappropriate things at the TV and I believe he said something like "Jennifer...you are the mother of my children. I can't hear things like that coming out of your mouth". Yeah, OK. I might have used a few choice words. Sure. Alright. When I'm driving, MAYBE I get a little angry when someone cuts me off and I feel the need to speed up and cut them off. It's the hormones right?

Anywho, I had my monthly appointment and scan today. (I am 23 weeks and 3 days for those of you keeping track). The ultrasound went awesome. I got to see my girls and they look wonderful. It makes my day to see them. I mean, it literally has me smiling all day when I get to have a peek into their world. Today was a little difficult to see faces because they were wiggling everywhere. It looked like an octopus was in my uterus; all arms and legs, feet and hands. It was pretty funny. I didn't get any good pictures because they were moving so much. It was weird because the whole time they were moving, I only felt them once...and the ultrasound tech felt it too, it was a definite thud of some sort, but with all the arms and legs, we couldn't tell if it was a punch or a kick.

The girls are measuring wonderfully. Lefty is at 23 weeks and 1 day, heart rate at 154 and weighing in at 1 pound 5 oz. Righty is at 23 weeks 2 days, heart rate at 153 and weighing in at 1 pound 5 oz. The doctor said they are doing really great because not only are they measuring right on track, but they are measuring the same, which for twins is good because things can get dicey when one starts getting a lot bigger than the other.

The appointment was kind of blah. Nothing really new to report. I asked about the horrendous pain in my left rib and he said that because I am short waisted with twins, my ribs are doing some stretching/separating to make room for them. Pretty much, there is nothing I can do about it. I also asked about the fact that I just don't feel these babies move very much (although after a suggestion from my mom, I stayed up after I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night the other night, and sure enough they were moving like crazy...it seems I might have some night owls in there). He told me that the stronger they get, the more I will feel them and to just be patient. Let's see...other little tidbits...I was sent to the lab to get my blood drawn to make sure my iron levels are good - haven't heard back yet and my blood pressure is fabulous!

Oh and the good news is since the babies and I are doing so well I have one more month until I start my 2 week appointments. I mean, I guess that's good news...I should be happy that the pregnancy is going so smoothly and trust me, I am...it's just, well, I had it in my head that I would get to start going every 2 weeks. Which means I would see my girls every two weeks, and now I have to wait a whole month before I can see them again. Boo to that. But yay that every thing is going so well, so far. The Dr. did give me strict instructions to call if anything changes, specifically if I start to have contractions (and not just those nasty braxton hicks, but apparently the real deal could start any day now because that's a complication when you are having more than one - yikes). I told him I would call with any issues, but that I am truly not expecting anything eventful to happen :-)

I will update next Wednesday when I will be 24 weeks (woo hoo!) and hopefully I will have a belly pic to post. I can report that I have grown at least an inch every week - this belly is getting bigger every day :-)

Till next time.......

No comments: