Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Baby Shower, Thanksgiving and 26 weeks!

Well, it has been a whirlwind these past couple weeks. We went to Boise for some family time before Thanksgiving, and while we were there I went to the Baby shower that was thrown for me by a very dear friend. It was a great time all around - I was able to catch up with old friends and the babies scored some mighty fine stuff :-) I will try to post pics soon, Blogger has not been cooperating with me lately.

After my wonderful baby shower, we headed up to our condo to spend the Holiday week. This was heaven. We played board games, cards and went swimming in the indoor pool. I loved the swimming - I forgot how light I could feel without this big 'ol belly. The sad part was when I had to get out of the pool...I felt like my feet were stuck in cement! If only pregos could feel weightless (as if in a pool) during the whole 9 months....ahhhhh, that would be great!

I am 26 weeks along and am so looking forward to my appointment next week. I have a bunch of things to mention to my Dr. It seems the further along I get, the more little things I am noticing. Like, for the past 2 days, I have hella-massive heartburn. Ouch! And I've noticed my hands swelling and falling asleep/getting tingly lately, which is pretty much no fun. And finally I am still getting the horrible round ligament pain. I know there is nothing that can be done for the round ligament stuff, but man it hurts like a mo-fo. The only good part about it is that it lets me know these girls are growing...this past week when I had the pain, I measured my belly and sure enough, I had grown about 1 in and 1/2 in a week! I did sign up for a prenatal swim class and was super excited to start today, but when I got there I learned it had been cancelled because I was the only one signed up for this session - boo to that. I am vastly disappointed. The instructor told me I could join a regular swim excersice class, and I might (I need to do something to help with lower back pain and round ligament pain) but the thought of being in a class with a bunch of old ladies isn't all that appealing to me. So, I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.

But for the minor complaints I have, there is also a lot of good stuff to report. I have been able to feel these little ones move a lot more, and now Bobby can feel them too - which is pretty much awesome! I still feel really good as far as energy and doing things...I haven't had any bouts of preterm labor (which the dr. said was common after 24 weeks with twins), and my weight gain is holding steady (yay!).

We were talking the other night and it occurred to us that if these babies decide to come around 36 weeks instead of 40, then we only have 10 weeks...that's 2 and a half months for those of you who are slow with math like mwah. That kind of freaks me out a little. There still seems like so much to do before they get here, and so very little time. We haven't even picked out names for crying out loud!

Anywho, I will continue with my little freak out...and will post again next week after my appointment on Thursday, December 10th.

Till then......

3 comments:

Nicole said...

It's getting so close!! The swimming sounds like it would have been fun, but I agree the other class doesn't sound near as intriguing. Are you guys going to take a birthing class?

Domrese Family Blog said...

Heartburn---ugh! The only thing I can tell you is that you will feel massive relief in about 10-14 weeks. :) Tingling? Same. Ligament pain? Same. Sorry friend. However, it means you're growing and doing good work. It's a good sign, just not much fun! Great work!

Jennifer said...

I think we decided against the birthing class. We've been told the one in our area isn't really that helpful and frankly, who has the time with an active preschooler at home?

Amber - I love, love that you have already been through the twin pregnancy...twice! It is so nice to be reassurred by someone who has "been there". Thanks!