Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Burning, burning, burning...

...that is what is happening in my body right now. An intense burning/reflux situation that seriously needs to get under control before I completely lose my mind. We're not talking about a little heartburn here people. We are talking about a full on attack on my body. It's like there are little warrior men in my esophagus with tiny bows and arrows...only the arrows aren't just arrows, they have fireballs on the end and are being shot all up and down my insides from my stomach to my throat.

I'm currently taking Za.ntac for this horrendous pain, but since that wasn't even making a dent, my Dr. prescribed another little something that should help. I say should because I took it about 20 minutes ago and it has yet to make it's sanity saving debut. I want to cry...

On to other things...I had my ultrasound and appointment today. My ultrasound went great. Sadly I didn't get to see little faces again - there is no room in there and I think the days of seeing my little babes profiles are long gone. I did get to see both of their bellies and it was amazing because they are now breathing. There was something so awe-inspiring about watching those little bellies move in and out...I could have stared at it all day.

The girls are measuring really good. Lefty is at 31 weeks and 1 day (which is exactly what I am today). She weighs 3 lbs 9 oz. Righty is at 32 weeks and 2 days (hubba hubba) and she weighs 4 lbs and 4 oz. It appears they are snuggled up together pretty closely and it also looks like Righty might turn out to be Baby A because she is making a serious run for the finish line. The Dr. honestly doesn't know which will decide to come out first. There was a little concern because Righty has such a large tummy. Not a concern about her being healthy, more of a concern of whether or not she will come out very easily. The C-section talk was brought up and I discussed it with my Dr. She told me that we can try for a "natural" birth, but just wanted me to know all the scenarios that would cause us to have to have a c-section (and there are a lot!). I felt good after our conversation because I know she understands how important NOT having a c-section is to me. Oh and both girls are still head down, so that's in my favor.

All in all, things are looking good. Cervix is long and closed, no pre-term contractions, still feeling pretty good. I had to laugh because when she measured my uterus I asked how big it was and she told me I am measuring at 42 weeks. Mmmm-K...for those of you a little slow at the math, that would be the same as someone carrying 1 baby who is 2 weeks past their due date. I suddenly felt very validated for how tired I have been lately. Because between the roughly 8 lbs of baby I am carrying and my uterus measuring at the whopping 42 weeks, I would say I have a right to be a wee bit tired from time to time.

I asked when I would start my weekly appointments and she told me as long as nothing comes up, I won't start those until 35 weeks. I thought oh, ok...but then later I was thinking about it and that's only 1 month away. Wow time is flying by really fast now.

Let's see...what else? I have mastered the prego waddle. I'm not sure when it happened, but there is definitely a waddle there. I am starting to embrace my stretch marks. They are popping up all over my lower belly. And I'm assuming it won't be long till they show up above my belly button because my skin is really sensitive and feels like it literally can't stretch anymore. I will post another belly picture next week (at 32 weeks). Bobby says I am growing by the hour. I still don't think I look that big, but I guess I am just getting used to it.

Non-stress test tomorrow. These are going great. No contractions and now I no longer have to push the little game show button, so I have been getting some good naps. I don't mind these little tests as much as I thought I would in the beginning. The front desk person knows me now and has all my registration stuff ready, so all I have to do when I get there is sign a piece of paper and get my wristband. Plus I am getting to know all of the nursing staff which I think will be beneficial when I actually have these babies because by then, they should all know me.

Any tips on heartburn/reflux reduction, staying comfortable when you are HUGE, getting rid of cankles, or really any other advice is more than welcome. I would love for these last weeks to be as great as possible and I am willing to learn from what others have to say :-)

Till next week (when I will be 32 weeks - WOW!).....

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh goodness! You poor thing..heartburn that bad cannot be fun! I don't have any tips for you, but I feel terrible for you. I know, that doesn't help. I'm still hoping for a February 22 birthday for these little girls. :)