Thursday, February 19, 2009

Time flies

I can't believe it's been over a week since I last posted. I had to go on a work trip and time just got away from me.

The shots have been going ok. I actually DO remember being crabby now...once I had a few days of hormones, it all came rushing back to me. The first week (or week and a half) on Lupron is especially hard. Your hormones do this massive shift from being on birth control, to not being on birth control, to suddenly starting your period. Oh, yes you do start a period while on Lupron. I had forgotten about this little occurrance and was startled when it happend. I called my nurse who assurred me it was that it was supposed to happen. But what nobody tells you is that it is the period from hell. You get massive cramps (which for me is horrible, because up until all of this hullabalo, my periods have been uneventful) and you get really crabby. I'm uncomfortable and I have been getting hot flashes, and find myself with very little patience. Poor Bobby is bearing the brunt and I have pledged to make a concious effort to be nicer to him - but honestly being nice is hard right now and if I am nice, then I seem to want to cry. He is being a good sport and I can hear him at times whispering over and over to himself that "it's the hormones, it's the hormones".

I always said I wasn't going to be one of those people that let all these hormones affect my mood or my life. And I think the first round I did a pretty darn good job. But now, I think I am just tired. I feel tired, and I just feel like if I am having an uncomfortable, crabby day - well...I'm sorry, but I don't have it in me right now to pretend like the hormones aren't affecting me a little. God help us if we have to go on to round #3. I think I might be banished to our basement :-)

I started my baby asprin this morning and tomorrow I start Estrace, yet another hormone. The Estrace is in pill form (thank goodness) but I take it twice a day, and let's be honest....nobody is excited about seeing me on yet another hormone.

I accidentally hit a blood vessell giving my shot the other night so I have a nasty bruice on my right abdomen. This sucks because the bruise is pretty significant in size and it has been tricky finding spots to give my shots. I have had to give them mostly on the left side and that has made me a little sore. I've had requests for more pictures (man you people love the visuals) so I will try to take a picture tonight and post it tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my first appointment in Spokane. I just have labs and ultrasound, but it's the early 7am appointment, so I'll be up at 4:30am to drive up there. My next appointment after that is on Tuesday and that is the day I will be having my Doxyflush. I don't really have the details on that one yet, so I will fill you all in when I know more.

More tomorrow!

No comments: