Friday, October 23, 2009

20 Weeks

Sorry I didn't post earlier in the week - Blogger wouldn't let me upload pictures and I've been getting pestered from my family for some ultrasound pictures and I didn't dare post again without attaching those pics for fear of the anger I would undoubtedly hear from Southern Idaho :-)

Now let me be clear...I am not the kind of person who takes these pictures to work to show them around, nor do I even post them on my fridge so I can see Lefty and Righty on a regular basis, but this is a blog about IVF and pregnancy, so I feel this is an appropriate place to share pictures of the most beautiful little bambinos to ever grace an ultrasound picture (clearly, I may be a little biased). Oh, and I apologize for the quality of the pics, my scanner would not cooperate. Also, as always, you can click on the pic to make it bigger.
So here are the pics: (The first is a profile of Lefty sucking her thumb and the second is Lefty looking right at the camera)

The next ones are: Righty's profile - this one is kind of hard to see. Righty's head is on the left...See the line above her? Well that is the membrane sac line that separates the babies. If you look right above the line on the left, you will see Lefty's feet...they were kicking Righty in the head the whole time.

The next picture is Righty looking at the camera (look at the round little tummy - cute!), and the last one is both baby's heads and one of their bodies in between.



Ok, now that you have all seen "the girls" (as we've been calling them around our house), I will move on to other things.

Things are going really well. I am feeling great and haven't really had any problems to speak of. I am finding I have to eat a lot smaller meals...space is becoming more limited, but that hasn't stopped the weight gain so I know the girls are getting what they need. Sleeping is a lot better, but I now have to get up at least 2 times a night to use the bathroom. I never realized how little sleep you seem to get when you are pregnant. I always thought pregos were tired just from growing their little babies, but now I see that it has a lot more to do with the disrupted sleep at night than anything else.
We have been measuring my belly every week...I had been growing at a rate of about an inch and half per week, but last week I actually went down an inch. I think the babies must be moving around...I mean that inch is there somewhere but instead of showing "straight out" I think the girls are starting to explore the sides and possibly my ribs a little more.
My next appointment is on November 13th - it will be a scan and a Dr. visit. After that I think I will be going every 2 weeks. I did get my regular flu shot and my H1N1 shot. I have to say I was very apprehensive about the H1N1 shot, but I weighed all the options and decided to go ahead with it...I hope that was the right choice.

I am so relieved to finally be able to start purchasing stuff for these little ones. We've been talked into registering (something I really didn't think I would do) but it's actually kind of nice because if anything, it serves as a list of things we still need to buy. We're pretty practical people so everything we registered for is also pretty practical. We decided to go with Ba.bies R.Us and Tar.ge.t because they seem to have pretty much anything and everything for babies. My plan is to print my registry the next time I'm in Boise and do some serious shopping...I'm a woman on a mission :-)

We also decided on bedding for the girls - which is a huge help because now we can start decorating their room - Yay! Here's what we decided on:
These are from PB and super cute. I love that they can have the same bedding, but each one is a different color. I am so excited to see their room when it is all done...after all of the dinosaurs, sports, and trucks we've had in our house the last few years, I think we are all going to be a little shocked at the girlyness of the room (lol).
Well, that's about it for this week. Don't you love how exciting my life is (hee hee). I will update next week, and if my belly is looking bigger, I will post a picture.
Till then......



No comments: