First off, I truly believe the reason we are pregnant is God. I think prayer helped, and just as God answered our prayers with Connor he once again has heard us and blessed us. I just keep praying that he will let us see this pregnancy through and that at some point we will be able to breath a sigh of relief :-)
As for the things I did differently, here's a little list:
- I did acupuncture (and cupping). This was beneficial because it relieved stress and I had the Best acupuncturist
- I ate the pineapple. Ok, I have to admit...I cheated a little on this one. I did divide my organic pineapple up into five equal portions (including the core), but it gave me really bad heartburn. So, I stretched it out over 6 and a half days. I don't think it hurt anything.
- I cut all dairy. All dairy, you ask? Yep, all dairy was gone from my diet.
- I cut red meat and severely limited animal protein. Also, I tried to eat a lot of organic.
- I lost 10 pound during this series (probably because of my massive dietary changes). But keep in mind, those 10 pounds were pounds gained during the whole hyperstim fiasco
- Anytime I felt stressed I would take a slow deep breath and think the word "blue" while imagining the color blue slowly entering my body. I heard somewhere this was a good relaxation tool and I have to agree, it really works.
- Instead of making small talk during the transfer, I was quiet (odd for me) and enjoyed every minute of the process.
- I rested and rested and rested after my transfer. To the point where I was bored out of my mind.
- I taught Connor how to get in and out of the carseat, bathtub, booster seat, etc. by himself so I wouldn't have to lift him. And I made sure not to lift anything over 10 lbs.
- I did all of the above because no matter the outcome, I wanted to have no regrets. I wanted to know that I had done everything in my power to help this process.
That's basically it. I am on pins and needles waiting for the ultrasound. Oh, and I've been asked if I have had any pregnancy symptoms - I saw on someone else's blog that they kind of updated symptoms each time and I thought I would do the same.
Symptoms: sore breasts (but mostly just when I first wake up), waves of naseau - this symptom is weird because it happened alot yesterday and I've had none today, and it mostly hits me if I smell cantaloupe (ok, so stop smelling cantaloupe, right?), and I'm a little emotional (I'm feeling a little weepy - this could be the estrogen and progesterone I'm taking).
That's all for now. I'm not saying I love morning sickness because I'm not a freak who loves feeling like she just got off a carnival ride, however, having symptoms/feeling things related to pregnancy is strangely reassuring. Since I haven't really felt anything today, I feel like I should pos to double check that things are still happening in there. I probably won't, but this darn IVF process has made me not trust anything.
Alrighty, probably should stop yapping at ya. Update on Friday :-)