Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day 18

Today is my 18th day of shots - only 6 more days (hopefully) of my tummy shots, and then we get to move on to the "huge, Bobby has to give them to me in my hip because I can't reach" shots. I thought I was doing really well, because up until this week I hadn't bruised at all. But I should've knocked on wood because the bruises have started popping up and my stomach is starting to look like a mine field. I just bruise like a peach! Bobby said it looks better than last time, so that's good I guess. I wish I could say the shots are getting better. Last round, I was a pro and they didn't hurt - but this time they are really uncomfortable. I haven't had to use ice to numb the area yet, but I am considering it for tonight. First I have to find a spot that isn't bruised or near a bruise which may prove to be a challenge.

Today I had a dr. appointment in Spokane. Same old routine of getting up at 4:30 and heading out the door. My bloodwork and ultrasound looked good and Karen says I am right on track and to keep my meds the same. They want to see me back there on Saturday. I'm really glad I took 3 days off this week. I am way more relaxed this time around.

Oh, and I hate to say "I'm right", but well...I sort of am. Today there were only 2 husbands in the waiting room and the ladies were looking a little haggard. Ha! I don't mean to sound mean, but it's just kind of funny. I love to people watch and an IVF waiting room is a great place to do that.

Karen told me to keep taking it easy and to not take on any extra activities. We'll see if I can keep it up. I'm not really a "sit still" kind of person. Anyway, that's about it for today. I'm sorry there isn't a lot of new info. We are aiming for egg retrieval to happen on the 10th and then transfer sometime between the 13th and the 16th. Last time we were a day early for retrieval and a day late for transfer, so we'll see what happens this time.

No comments: