Monday, February 15, 2010

18 days down, 1 to go

I have been in the hospital for 18 loooonnnngg days. But we are at the end, because tomorrow I will be 37 weeks and at 6am, they are starting my induction - woo hoo!

Today the dr. checked me out and I am dilated to a 1, 50% effaced and at a 3 station. So I still have quite a ways to go, but we are all pleased that at least my body has started to move in that direction, which will make the induction go a lot more smoothly (hopefully).

And it is a good thing that I am being induced because, while not moving overly quickly, my pre-e is advancing. I'm swollen, seeing wiggly lines and spots, and have some blood pressure readings that are a little out of control. For the sake of my health and the babies' health, it is time to get this show on the road.

I can't believe I am going to meet my little ladies tomorrow (or possibly Wed.). And I can't believe I will finally be allowed to go home - hallelujah!.

I am going to take one final pic of my belly during this pregnancy, and maybe toss in one or two of my hospital stay just for fun. So I'll probably post those tonight. Also, I will probably update at least once tomorrow, because I am told that I could be waiting a long time for labor to kick in and I will most likely be bored.

For now, I have a lunch date with my husband in the cafeteria and I do believe I am going to ride the AntePartum unit's Rascal to get there. (FYI, a rascal is a motorized chair thingy that mostly old people use to get around...you see them often in grocery stores and Walm.ar.ts).