Thursday, March 26, 2009

Series Calendar has arrived!

I checked the mail yesterday and was happy to see that little envelope from the Center (ie Dr. Robin's office). I quickly opened it to see what will be in store for us in for 2009.
(Oh, and I hope you are all enjoying my blog's little "facelift" - I was getting bored with the old look and felt like something a little cheerier.)

The upcoming series are: 1) April/May 2) June 3) very end of August/September
4) November

Gosh, when you break the year up like that it doesn't seem like there are a lot of options to choose from. We looked it over and determined the November series is too far away, we want a break, but not that long of a break. I ruled out April mainly because it is so soon (we would start injections 2 days after our follow-up) but also because I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be having another D&C and the April series doesn't give us the time we need to do that. So April's out.

That leaves the June series and the August/Sept. series. Bobby declared the August/September series will interfere with football season (who can blame the guy...both of our series last year interfered with football, so I think he deserves a break). So that leaves us with June.
June should be good because it gives us time to take a little break, allows us to have any necessary "pre-series procedures" (say that five times fast), but is still soon enough that it won't feel like we are waiting forever for our series to start. Yep, June it is....of course this is all dependent on what the Dr. has to say. He may have some suggestions of his own on when we should start again :-)

I forgot to mention a little about what happens after you have a negative beta test...I know I told you that you immediately stop all meds and then your period starts. But I forgot to mention the "readjustment" time. This is the week after your negative test. During this time, you start your period (which if this is too much info, then turn away now because it's only gonna get worse) - this is the mother of all periods. Nobody tells you this...nobody tells you that the massive uterine lining of which you have been building up for the past weeks now has to exit your body in some way. Nobody tells you that in the process you experience pretty bad cramping, similar to if you had eaten bad Chinese food. And there seems to be a little hormone shift that occurs - ie. crabbiness and headaches. Now, had I not been through this before I probably would have thought it was a fluke, but I have had the same experience this time that I had the last time. It's no fun. I will be happy to have my regular life back for awhile. I am happy to report that since stopping my injections I have gleefully lost 5 pounds and am feeling much less lethargic. Woo hoo!

I will post again sometime before my follow-up appointment, and then I will be sharing all that the Dr. has to say after my appointment. For now, I am going to go outside and enjoy a nice, long walk in this beautiful spring weather we are having!

1 comment:

Cameo said...

I was so excited to log in and see a new post! I wasn't expecting one for awhile. And I immediately noticed the new layout. I love the flowers and it seems like the sunshine is cheering you up! As always, I'm sending you so much love!