Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Shots started

My injections started on Sunday night and they went pretty smoothly. At this point I am only giving myself one shot each evening at 7pm (along with taking my bc and prenatal). I'm giving myself a 20Iu dose of Lupron. I haven't really had side effects yet. I normally get a pretty bad headache from Lupron but it hasn't shown up yet. There isn't too much to report and the shots are pretty uneventful. Everytime, I get a little nervous just before because I feel like I have forgotten how to give them...but then I guess it's sort of like riding a bike, it all comes back really quickly.

I start my acupuncture this Saturday and I'm pretty stoked about it. I'm not sure if it will help or not, but it's worth a try. My appointments in Spokane don't start until I add my other 2 shots - I believe June 5th is my first appointment. I will update later this week and let you all know how it is going and how the acupuncture appointment went. I'm thinking I'm in need of another spa day as well :-)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm glad your injections are going well. I hope the Lupron headache stays away this time since your dosage is lower. As always, I'm rooting for you! Stay positive! :) Oh yeah, I think the spa day sounds like a fabulous idea! Let's plan it.