Friday, May 1, 2009

Yikes!

So, not too much new on the IVF front - my day 3 tests looked "spectacular", I am still awaiting my calendar and my hysterscope has been scheduled for May 13th. All and all that is about it for news about my next series.

I would like to share that I won't have to worry about the stress of losing my job during this series (as I mentioned in an earlier post) because I found out yesterday that I am, in fact, being let go. Ugh! (feel my deflation here).

Our entire unit is being "dissolved" and they will no longer be extending our appointments. Which is fancy way of saying - due to budget cuts, you're out! I feel so many things about this. I have worked here for 8 years, have always had exemplary reviews, and frankly enjoyed my cushy job. I had really flexible hours, could work from home, was able to take a ton of time off for IVF....I worry about what's next.

I did get 6 months notice (as is required for my position) so my last day isn't until Dec. 1 (my 6 months won't start until June 1). I have heard of a few jobs here on campus that I may be eligible to apply for, but the hiring freeze is still in effect and won't lift until fall sometime. I'm not so worried about my lack of income, although that is quite a blow, but more worried about lack of insurance - really worried. So I am looking for a job that has benefits, and also looking into buying health insurance, which I never realized was a complete rip off but now that I won't have insurance I finally see what all of the hullabaloo is over. Health insurance is mucho expensive and they don't even cover half the stuff my current insurance covers. Grrr....

I can say that I am soooooo relieved that we didn't decide to do 2 more IVF cycles - that would just have been too much stress. And I feel thankful for my family and very supportive husband who just "knows" everything will turn out ok.

As for me, I am going to rely on my spa day tomorrow and some girl time to boost my spirits.

Till next time....

No comments: